Thursday, June 9, 2011

painted rugs

this is on my list of things to do this weekend!!



Painting rugs was a TON of fun!! I have to say this is one of my most favorite Create With Me projects!
I was scared that I’d go buy a rug and royally mess it up by painting it…that wasn’t the case (even though it’s not perfect) and it was so much fun trying something new!
Let’s jump right in and get started!

I’ll start with mine…
I wasn’t sure what design I wanted to try on my rug. I’m really loving the look of hounds tooth lately and I just finished this quilt recently so my pattern choice: HOUNDSTOOTH!
painting the rug
I bought a large rug at Ikea for this project, but later that evening I was at Target and saw this one with a red border. I had to have it for my hounds tooth rug and you can guarantee I’ll be painting my Ikea rug for the deck soon!
houndstooth rug 1
It looks FABULOUS in my kitchen!!
houndstooth rug final

 Now for the best part…your rugs!!
Check out the variety of designs and creativity…

Kate Grasso
DSC01506


rug_after


painted rug

Painted Rug chevron

Stenciled Drop Cloth Runner

IMG_6927

painted chevron rug by the front door




DSC_0010

painting-rug-she-made-it-crafts-8_thumb


beach rug


020 copy


creative tryals


IMG_3944


rug 002 (1)

Everybody did an INCREDIBLE job!




go check out her blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...