Friday, August 5, 2011

You need to evacuate your home... Huh!!


Well do i have a story for you all!!

This took place last night at 10:30pm

Sam and I went to bed about 9:30 and I start hearing some pounding on the door and the door bell ring but I was still in that sleeping mode. I wake up thinking it's Sam's cousin here to pick him up for work and sams alarm didn't go off so i get up and go look out the window and I see this man in the front by our wagon wheel in the front yard and I'm thinking oh shoot he is stealing our stuff!! So I go get a better look so I can get details on what this guy looks like. The I see a couple other guys and they are putting up "caution do not enter" tape around the house. So first I'm thinking is someone pranking us?.....
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I then run into the room because they start shinning their flash lights in the house and there I was standing in my polka dot under wear spying on them lol. I wake Sam up telling him something's not right they are putting tape around our house. He gets dressed and we open the front door and guess who it is!!!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok not really... It was actually...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The man says "hi we need you guys to evacuate your house right now you have gas coming from your home"

This is me...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Sorry mom i had to post this picture it's too funny.

So they tell us to pack some stuff and that they were going to send us to a hotel. So we start frantically packing stuff I don't even know what I was grabbing!

So the guy is checking our house for gas with his gas detector we make our way outside and go to the side of the house where all the guys were and holy moly the smell was soooooo strong!! (then I start to really freak out)

Apparently a jogger went past our house and smelt it and called questar gas and told them (thank you runner)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We sat there for a while waiting for some word on what was going on. We then hear a truck coming up the road keep in mind we already have 5 questar trucks there. Well this truck was a bit bigger than the others.. THEN about 2 min we hear another.... This one was a biggggg truck pulling this thing!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I start freaking out praying they weren't using that to dig up our yard!! (poor yard) thankfully they didn't have to use it.. Phew!!

So finally they come over to Sam and I and let us know they found the problem and got it fixed! Here is where the problem was
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I guess it has been leaking from day 1 and has just gotten worse! Good thing we haven't had to mow the lawn or else Sam would have blown up!! Ahh so crazy so glad we are ok and that it got fixed!!

Thanks to the questar guys and jogger!


-posted with my fabulous iPad!!

4 comments:

  1. Ok......that is REALLY scary!!! What is up with people knocking on doors lately..LOL. I'm so so glad that they found the problem before it became a huge problem. By the way you are freakin hilarious telling the story. Too bad it wasn't Brad Pitt at the door. LOL Love you guys so much!

    Love,
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... Woulda been cool... It was such a crazy night!!
    Love ya too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers!!! Love all the pics included with the commentary! Glad to hear all is back to being well on the homefront!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of a Spooky Mormon Hell Dream !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...